Join your fellow club members on a trip through
Switzerland, France, Germany & Holland
July 13-20, 2024
Who: Wine Club Members, Friends & Family
As a benefit of the Seven Birches Wine Club, members may invite their friends & family to join us, if space permits. We are limited in the number of spaces at this amazing group rate, so please don’t hesitate and miss out. You will be accompanied by Mark & Stephanie, winery owners, and a whole host of staff aboard the beautiful Avalon Panorama.
What: 8 Days, 7 Nights, Exploring Europe with the Club
8 Days, 7 Nights, 4 Countries aboard luxury river boat touring the Rhine River.
- Includes deluxe stateroom accommodations, double occupancy (upgrades available).
- Includes breakfast, lunch and dinner each day (all wine & beverages included at meals).
- 6 days of adventures and excursions (you choose your excursion in each port).
- Does NOT include flights to Zurich, flights home from Amsterdam or transfers to port.
- Includes on-board gratuities and all port charges.
When: July 13-20, 2024 (Saturday – Saturday)
SATURDAY, JULY 13 – BASEL, SWITZERLAND (EMBARKATION)
- Flights into Zürich must arrive before 3 pm.
- Guests must be on board ship by 5 pm.
SATURDAY, JULY 20 – AMSTERDAM (DISEMBARKATION)
- Your cruise ends with breakfast this morning.
Where: The majestic Rhine River, through Switzerland, France, Germany & Holland
Day 1 Basel (Embarkation):Onboard welcome reception
Day 2 Breisach. Excursion to Black Forest:Choice of excursion to Black Forest, or e-bike tour in the Black Forest or visit to a local winery
Day 3 Strasbourg:Choice of guided sightseeing, visit La Petite France district and the Gothic cathedral or culinary walk, or hike along the river
Day 4 Mainz: Excursion to Heidelberg:Choice of guided tour of Heidelberg Castle with tasting of local specialties, see the Great Vat, or a hike up Philosophers’ Way, or beer tour; private reception at Rheinstein Castle
Day 5 Rhine Gorge–Koblenz:Cruise through the scenic Rhine Gorge with breathtaking views of ancient castles, towering cliffs, and the legendary Rock of the Lorelei; choice of Koblenz walking tour and Ehrenbreitstein Fortress with cable car ride, or Volcano Tour experience, or e-biking tour in the vineyards; classic concert
Day 6 Düsseldorf:Choice of guided city sightseeing, or biking tour, or culinary tour
Day 7 Amsterdam:Choice of painting class, or kayak tour, or canal cruise
Day 8 Amsterdam (Disembarkation):Your cruise ends this morning
How: Aboard the luxury riverboat, Avalon Panorama
Flights to Zurich, Switzerland and flights home from Amsterdam, the Netherlands are not included. You will need to book your own flights coming and going. But, before you do, lets chat. There are many great ways to make the flights more affordable and/or more valuable.
Why: Because taking a river cruise through Europe is on your bucket list, this is an incredible club deal, and you deserve it!
“Because we should explore the world…and it’s a really good deal!” ~ Winemaker, Mark LaClair
Exploring the world with friends and family is a true gift. Waking up each morning in a different country, with a day-full of activities ahead is so invigorating. Trips like these only come around once in a while, and thankfully, we’ve been able to organize it for our wine club. Seasoned travelers know how to find the best deals. We can tell you, this is a great deal. IF you search on your own, you will find this tour is available to the public… for at least $1000 more per person than what we have secured for you. This ship is luxury, and so the price may be more than what you could find at other cruise companies. Our pricing includes not only the cruise, all the meals, all the excursion, but also the gratuities and port charges. IF shopping, make sure you compare apples to apples. Read the fine print. You’ll then realize, you can’t pass up this opportunity.
Deluxe Stateroom Category "E"
$2799 SOLD OUTas of 6/21/23
INDIGO DECK / FOREWARD
Deluxe Stateroom Category "D"
$2999 SOLD OUTas of 7/5/23
INDIGO DECK / AFT
Panorama Suite Category "B"
$4149 SOLD OUTas of 12/26/23
SAPPHIRE DECK / AFT
Panoram Suite Category "A"
$4199 SOLD OUTas of 12/26/23
SAPPHIRE DECK / FOREWARD
Panoram Suite Category "P"
$4299 SOLD OUTas of 12/26/23
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
If the answers aren't right here, please contact us. We're here to help.
When you are ready to reserve your spot on this trip, simply click on the “BOOK NOW” button above.
The very first thing required is your NON-REFUNDABLE, $299 per person deposit. The last day that you are able to commit to the trip, by way of making your deposit, is November 30, 2023. However, please do not wait that long to decide and make your deposit. This trip is limited and first come, first served.
Once your deposit is made, we will be in touch with you for more information and next steps.
Please make note of the following important dates regarding your booking and the payment plan:
- $299 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT due no later than November 30, 2023 – Make Deposit Now
- Trip Balance due no later than February 29, 2024
Installment plans will be discussed with you once you have made your deposit and secured your reservations. You may wish to make frequent (monthly) payments in smaller increments between now and the end of February. We can assist you in setting that up. Contact us if you would like to do this now.
Transfers to and from the airport and ship are available on July 13th and 20th through Avalon Waterways. Those transfers cost $45 pp one way. So, $90 per person to ensure you get to the ship from the Zurich airport and back to the airport in Amsterdam. This is a pretty good deal, considering that the Zurich airport is over an hour away from where the ship will start the cruise in Basel.
For the arrival flights, the transfer window is from 6am-3pm on 7/13/2024. For the departure flights on 7/20/2024, we ask for flights not be booked before 6am and the last operated transfer at 3:30pm.
IF you elect to stay with Avalon Waterways PRE-cruise or POST-cruise at one of their add-on hotels, then the transfer fee is $55 per person. This is more expensive because they are picking you up at a hotel, rather than at the airport with most people.
You certainly may choose public transportation rather than booking transfers. Those with a sense of adventure could choose to find other suitable bus, train, or even taxi options that might be cheaper. That is up to you and we can’t really help much with this.
*Also, for the transfers keep in mind that the arrival flight on 7/13/2024 timeframe is 6am-3pm at Zürich – Kloten airport. Then the departure flights on 7/20/2024 are to be not before 6am and the last operated transfer at 3:30pm to Schiphol airport.
Your initial deposit of $299 is NON-REFUNDABLE. You will not be able to get your money back, if you need to cancel. We highly recommend purchasing the travel protection option (or other travel insurance) to be on the safe side.
IF you need to cancel, PRIOR to February 29, 2024, you will receive a refund minus the non-refundable deposit of $299.
AFTER February 29, 2024, cancelations will not be refunded and you will forfeit your trip. Another good reason to purchase the travel protection option.
- Insurance provider: Aon Affinity
- Able to add any time prior to final payment
- Must purchase within two weeks of booking tour to cover pre-existing conditions
- Detailed summary of coverage: affinitytravelcert.com/docs/GFB01
*Travel Protection is available for an additional $359 pp (trip cost = $2001–$4000) or $439 pp (trip cost = $4001 – $6000) or $479pp (trip cost = $6001 and up).
(Must be purchased at the same time of initial deposit, and is non- refundable, unless the tour is cancelled by the Operator.)
This plan offers comprehensive protection for your vacation. In addition to excellent trip coverage and cancellation protection, the
plan includes a Cancel for Any Reason Waiver Benefit that allows for cancellations up to 24 hours prior to departure (or prior
business day, whichever is farther out) for any reason. In the event cancellation is for a non-covered reason under Travel Protection
the cancellation penalty retained by Globus, minus the Travel Protection payment, will be reimbursed under the Cancel for Any
Reason Waiver Benefit in the form of Travel Certificates valid for travel within two years from the original cancelled vacation start
date. This Cancel for Any Reason Waiver Benefit does not cover Instant Purchase Air or independently purchased air.
*Travel Protection rate is based on the land cost of the tour. Rate may vary with additional land services i.e. single supplements and
- Avalon FlexDining® for more venue and seating options, including flexible seating times in our Panorama Dining Room
- Avalon Fresh® healthy cuisine options at every meal
- Complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast; wine, beer, or soft drinks with every lunch and dinner
- Daily a la carte breakfast with full range of classic breakfast items, healthy Avalon Fresh® options and daily specials
- Daily lunch buffet featuring regional specialties, classic dishes, healthy Avalon Fresh® options and rotating chef’s features including carving & pasta stations.
- Alternatively, you may dine al fresco at our Sky Grill on the Sky Deck (weather and itinerary permitting) or enjoy a light lunch in the Panorama Lounge.
- Daily Afternoon Tea featuring tea, coffee, sweet treats & sandwiches
- Daily four-course a la carte dinner in the Panorama Dining Room with choice of appetizers, soups, salads, entrees and desserts. Includes selections of regional recipes, Western dishes and vegetarian options.
- Enjoy a tasting menu with a view in the Panorama Bistro – a less formal “sit-down” atmosphere while lingering over several satisfying selections
- Welcome & farewell cocktails with sparkling wine and canapés
- Panorama Lounge featuring premium spirits and Avalon specialty cocktails, along with local entertainment special guests
- Cocktails available on the Sky Deck
- Fresh fruit available throughout the day